It might be hard to see day-to-day progress when learning a new language, but that doesn’t mean you’re not improving. Try reflecting on your learning schedule with the following suggestions:
- We recommend that students log in for at least 30 minutes per day, but the program is unlimited. You can log in more frequently and/or for longer stretches at a time if you want to make faster progress.
- You have access to unlimited tutoring as part of program, so the best way to make faster progress is to use it! It might help to join 2-3 tutoring sessions a week if you aren’t already doing so.
- Remember that you can take your language learning outside of the online classroom! The more you practice and surround yourself with the target language, the more you’ll learn. Have you tried joining a conversation group or forming a study group with other students? You may also find it helpful to read the news or watch movies in the target language.
- Have you joined the Guild language Facebook page to connect with other users?
- Remember that moving up a CFER level takes about 100 hours of instruction, and the higher the level, the more time it takes and the more important the live instruction is. In other words, this is hard! Hopefully, by following these suggestions, you can start to see more improvement.