Besides Federal Aid, there are other types of aid that you can receive to help fund your education:
State Financial Aid
- To find out about state financial aid for college, try www.ed.gov/sgt to find your state agency's website.
- If you don't qualify for federal aid or you qualify for too small an amount, state aid could help fill in some of the gaps.
Financial Aid from the College
- Many colleges offer financial aid from their own funds. Visit your school's financial aid website for information about aid available at that school.
- If you have an interest in a particular area of study, you can inquire about any available scholarships in that area or department.
- While the FAFSA form is an application for certain free money (grants and scholarships), not all students will qualify. That's why you can find and apply for scholarships at StudentAid.gov/scholarships.
- Both the federal government and nonprofit organizations offer money for college to veterans, future military personnel, active duty personnel, or those related to veterans or active duty personnel.
- You can learn more by visiting the Department of Education's Federal Student Aid website.