The Student Success Coach (SSC) team is made up of experts who specialize in supporting students in your program and know what it takes to go to school while working. Consider your SSC to be a coach, a friend, a confidant, and a cheerleader who will be with you from your first class through your last. In addition to answering most of your questions, they can help you track down the resources and solutions you need to be successful. Your SSC doesn’t report to your employer or your school - they’re here to help you make decisions that are in your best interest.
How do I meet my SSC?
- Check your email. After you’ve been accepted into your program, your SSC will reach out to you via email to introduce themselves and outline next steps including how to attend a mandatory orientation session. Get into the habit of checking your email regularly -- you will be getting messages from your SSC and learning provider throughout the duration of your program.
- Schedule a call. Your SSC will ask you to schedule a Kick-Off Call, either in their initial email or in a subsequent one. This is a chance for you both to get to know one another, discuss details and questions about the program, and set expectations and goals.
What happens after I start classes?
- Check in regularly. Once you start your classes, your SSC will want to hear from you regularly, whether it’s by phone call, email, or text message. Even if all is going well and you don’t have any questions or concerns, touching base with your SSC consistently is important.
- Be honest. Your SSC can only help you if they know what’s going on in your world. Be sure to be honest if you are struggling in order to maximize your opportunities for collaborative problem-solving and strategizing.
- Stay on top of deadlines. Your SSC will know your program’s deadlines and requirements and will check in on your progress, however, it’s important that you are able to manage your time and obligations. Your SSC will do everything they can to help you succeed, but they can’t care more than you do.
What happens after I finish classes?
- Discuss Re-Enrollment. There may be steps you need to take to re-enroll in your current program, depending on term length. Your SSC will help you navigate everything from completing financial paperwork to registering for classes.
- Think Big! As you approach graduation, your SSC will want to know what is on the horizon for you. Work together to map out what is next in your education journey or career path!
What can my SSC help me with?
- Finding academic resources and tutoring opportunities
- Navigating your online portal(s)
- Understanding deadlines and assignment requirements
- Developing note-taking tips and studying strategies